Friday, November 07, 2008

About some agaves plants flowering and on being a vegetarian



In Joongang Daily, I've just read that there's a plant, which blossoms only once every hundred years. It's called six agaves, also known as “century plants” and they are blossoming at the Shilla Hotel in Cheju Island..

It could be that this bit of news draws my attention, because nature's vast and intricate creations amaze me!! or because this is so Korean that this makes big news..

Basically, it reminds me again on the time when I became vegetarian - growing up close to the forrest and the sea, a respect for nature came naturally, along with a gradually increasing understanding about how the nature seems sooo intelligent, when learning on plants and animals - looking into the eyes of a soft-hearted cow, or hearing the cute sound of little lambs and seeing the running in flock with their ears bumping up and down.. - I just realized.. - how can I honestly support killing, devouring and just destroying such cuteness, such beauty and such.. LIFE in all it's various expressions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$BlogHome$>